Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So tonight I'm gonna party like I just did a 3:09!

After round one we're in P4 with a 3:09, behind Sur/Sur, Alo/Ing, Bon/Ler, which feels pretty solid. I had originally guessed that the semi cut-off time was going to be 3:15, though it looks like it's going to be a lot less than that!

Still, the Aussie team is bringing the smack-down with a 3:14 from Fitz and Mellins and a 3:33 from Trev and Steve. All had some bad luck in the race, so these times should improve, too!

The jury has been excellent, along with the general level of piloting, which I think has contributed to the number of quick times put up yesterday. It was also great to see Wingetner/Devenish and Fluker/Lambert get quick times on the board with 3:13 and 3:11 respectively.

There was a bit of a screw-up on the flight line before our race which lead to Asher/Asher getting DQ'd for overlength lines, so the organisers put ourselves and Mihinov/Sobko in the reflies instead. However, I drew the Russians again, though with a Swedish team as well. It was a smooth race with good airspeed and flying, which no doubt encouraged fast times.

Today we clean the engines up, go out for official practice, then fly our second round with Surugue/Surugue (FRA) and Richter/Tetjukov (GER).

Before all of this, however, I need to find me a croissant.

No comments: